Meeting Minutes


Board Meetings Minutes (2009)

Board Meeting # 36 Dec. 10 , 2009

Presents:    Mr. Doustshenas, Ms.Shooshtari , , Mr. Mohaddes , Mr. Towfigh,  Mr. Momtazi , Mr. Qahraman , Mr. Azizkhani

1.    Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes #35 was reviewed and consulted approved .
Mr. Azizkhani will forward minutes #33 to Mr. Towfigh to post it on the site.

2.    Membership Registration:
·         There are 6 members for 2010.

3.    Communication Committee: ( Mr. Doustshenass)
·         There was two e-mails that that was answered already.

4.    Financial review and report ( Mr. Azizkhani):
·         Financial Statement and report was reviewed.
·         Total Revenue : $4152.0
·         Total Expense : $2239.0

5.    School Committee ( Ms. Shooshtari)
·          The PLC is looking for a bigger place to rent for PL classes for next year as we anticipate the number of students to grow .Ms. Shooshtari has contacted Winnipeg School Division and Waverley Babtist Church for the issue of their space. They require a formal letter from the ICM to their Boards . Mr. Doustshenass will send letters to the two organizations.
·         Orientation for School Children:  Mr. Kamrouz  provided a brief orientation on safety issues to the students in PL Classes.

6.    Sport Committee ( Mr. Azizkhani):
·         8 people have been participating in the Soccer event @ Banatyne Campus , J.D. Center on Sundays ,9:30 A.M. to 11.0 A.M.. They are going to pay the registration fee for entire season .
·         There are some interests and potential participants to play volleyball. Mr. Azizkhani will e-mail participation form to Mr. Qahraman to send it to the community.

7.    Persian Art and Literature Committee (Mr. Towfigh):
·         2 members of committee are out of Country.
·         Mr. Towfigh will contact them after their return to arrange a possible meeting between the Board and the Persian Art and Literature Committee.

8.    Yalda Night :
·         The event committee has planned the night for December 19 @ N.K C.C
·         Doors will be opened @ 7.0 p.m. and supper will start @ 8.p.m.
·         The total estimated expense will be $650.0 .We should sell 130 tickets to cover the cost. As of today 120 tickets are sold.
·         Mr. Azizkhani will be The M.C. for this night.
·         Mr. Doustshenass will be in charge of overall program and will deliver ICM message and hand out appreciation letters to yalda committee members and voluntees.
·         Ms. Shooshtari will be in charge of children program (singing) and will talk to community about Persian classes.
·         Mr. Towfigh and Mr. Qahraman in charge of checking tickets and 2010 registration.
·         Mr. Moomtazi:  photos
·         There will be numbers associated with each potluck food and community will vote for the best food

9.    Meeting with UMISA :
·         Mr. Doustshenass is going to talk to UMISA’s president to set up a joint meeting on either Jan 7 or Jan 14 .
·         The meeting will be @ the Church of Good Shepherd .
·         The topic of consultation will be : Now Ruz celebration.
·         Mr. Doustshenass will send a draft consultation Guideline prior meeting so we will be prepared.

10.  Next Meeting: Jan 07 or 14 , 2010  , 6:30 P.M.

Board Meeting # 35 Nov. 26 , 2009

Presents:    Mr. Doustshenas, Ms.Shooshtari, Mr. Mohaddes, Mr. Towfigh, Mr. Momtazi, Mr. Qahraman

Regret:  Mr. Azizkhani

1.    Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes #34 was reviewed, consulted and approved with some changes. The revised version will be posted on ICM site. The communication mechanisms between the ICM sub-committees and the Board was reviewed. The Board agreed that when the chair of a sub-committee is unable to attend the BOD meeting in person, (s)he could submit a written report to the Board for their review and consideration, conditioned upon the submission of the report 24 hours prior to the Board meeting.

2.    Membership Registration:
·         There are 6 new members. These are considered early registration for 2010

3.    Communication Committee: ( Mr. Doustshenass)
·         There was one e-mail that Mr. Doustshenass is going to respond
·         The communication committee will be forwarding e-mails related to each sub-committee to them shortly after they received them.

4.    Financial Review and report ( Mr. Azizkhani ):
·         Report is going to be reviewed in next meeting.

5.    ICM Corporation registration was renewed.

6.     School Committee ( Ms. Shooshtari)
·         Currently, there are a total of 18 registered students. School committee is looking for an alternate place for next year possibly Grant Park high school or Waverly Baptist Fellowship Church. We are going to send letters to request a possible place for Persian classes. Ms Shooshtari will draft letters and forward them to Mr. Doustshenass to send them to Winnipeg School Division and Church of Waverly Baptist Fellowship
·         All members of the PL committee have submitted the criminal record check report to PLC Chair. The expenses will be covered by the PL Classes budget.
·         On Wednesday November 11, Mr. Arash Saleh Azad  led the first workshop on legal issues related to PL Classes. All members of the PL Committee as well as volunteer teachers and teacher assistants participated.
·         The PL Committee also hold their first meeting with parents on Sunday November 22 from 2:15 to 2:45.  The Committee provided an overview of the program for the year, financial report and discussed opportunities for parents’ more active participation /support of Persian Language Classes.

7.    Sport Committee ( Mr.Azizkhani):
·         Details will be available in next meeting.

8.    Persian Art and Literature Committee (Mr. Towfigh):
·         2 members of committee are out of Country.
·         Mr. Towfigh will try to contact the other members for possible meeting.

9.    Yalda Night :
·         The event committee has planned the night for December 19 @ N.K C.C
·         The tickets are available for $5 and Children for $2.
·         This will be a Potluck event with music, entertainment, games, Prize Draw and dancing event.
·         Parents will be responsible for their children during the program.

10. Possible Joint Meeting with UMISA: Ob behalf of the BOD, Ms. Shooshtari contacted the UMISA new Executive Board in November and invited them for a joint meeting. Given the positive response from the UMISA Board, Mr. Doustshenass will contact them to set a   meeting. Joint planning of Now Ruz Celebration will be on agenda for discussion.

11. Next meeting: Dec10 , 6:30 P.M.

Board Meeting # 34 Oct 22 , 2009

Present: Mr. Doustshenas, Mr. Momtazi, Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Mohaddes
Regrets: Mr. Qahraman, Mr. Towfiqh, Mrs. Shooshtari

The following items were discussed and/or approved:

  • Minutes of the 33rd meeting (prepared by Mr. Azizkhani) to be circulated by email for approval
  • Communication committee report presented by Mr. Doustshenas. One email received asking for information on asylum, Mr. Doustshenas will reply.
  • Financial report was presented by Mr. Azizkhani.
  • Sports committee report was presented by Mr. Azizkhani. Arrangements for soccer games have been made, first game on Sunday Oct 18 did not take place due to low participation, next game is planned for Oct 24.
  • Persian language classes report was submitted by e-mail.
  • Cultural committee’s report presented by Mr. Doustshenas on behalf of Mr. Towfiq. First poetry night took place on Sunday the 18th. Mr. Doustshenas welcomed the audience and emphasized the non-political orientation of the community that must be observed in all activities, over 30 people participated, 6 poems recited. Six new members joined ICM during the event. Mrs. Shemirani donated $32 to cover the hall rental costs.
  • Yalda night celebration:

o    out of 4 locations considered North Kildonan c.c and Waverly Heights c.c are more promising. North Kildonan c.c has a capacity of 230 people and costs $220 (including soft drink and cleaning). Waverly heights can seat 300 and costs $500 (nothing included).

o    Mrs. Shooshtari contacted UMISA for possible collaboration on Yalda. New UMISA board has not decided on this issue yet.

o    It is decided to rent the North Kildonan c.c hall for this event and pay the deposit.

o    The celebration will be a potluck party. Ticket price is decided to be $5.

o    Mr. Doustshenas will be in charge of the organizing committee.

Mrs. Shooshtari was contacted and informed about the above decisions to consider in her talks with UMISA board.

Board Meeting # 33 Oct. 01 , 2009

Presents:    Mr. Doustshenas, Ms.Shooshtari, Mr. Mohaddes, and Mr. Azizkhani

Regrets: Mr. Towfigh, Mr. Momtazi, Mr. Qahraman ,

  • Communication committee:
    – One response to yellow pages received
    – A follow up email to be sent to the community
    – Transferring of funds receipts from Persian Language (PL) Committee will be done in near future
    – $50.00 was received for the ad
  • Financial review and reports:
    – Financial statements and reports were reviewed; they were thesame as last meeting
  • Regarding Yalda Night ceremony:
    – Ms. Shooshtary was assigned to enquire about the Waverly Heights hall
    – Mr. Doustshenas was assigned to enquire about the St. Norbert Community hall
    – Mr. Mohaddes was assigned to enquire about the Maple Groovehall
    – Mr. Azizkhani was assigned to enquire about the North Kildondan Community hall (The rent for St. Norbert Community’s hall is $400.00 + Tax, Mr. Dostshenas booked it for Dec. 19, 2009)
  • Communicate with UMISA regarding upcoming events (Yalda Night and New Year): On behalf of ICM, Ms. Shooshtary will meet with the newly elected UMISA Executive Board to invite them for a meeting with ICM Board and joint planning of the events.
  • PL Committee:
    – 17 students are enrolled .PLC received all registration fee.
    – Mr. Navid Norouzi voluntarily led for half an hour Marshal Art’s lessons for the last two classes.
    – Regarding a place for the classes, we can rent classrooms at high schools in Winnipeg School Divisions. The cost will be $20.00 (administration fee). There have been requests for Persian Classes for adults. PL Committee will send an email to ICM e-mail’s list for inviting a volunteer to teach to adults.
  • Sport Committee:
    – ICM members ask Sport Committee to change their rule regarding basketball if it is possible (according to the internal rule, sport committee can organize any sport activities if they have enough players for the standard game). Mr. Azizkhani will discuss this matter at the next Sport Committee meeting.
    – Soccer game is in the process. Sport Committee sent an email to all soccer participants and asked about the schedule to December 31, 2009.
  • Cultural Committee:
    – They had a committee meeting.
    – Mr. Towfigh is the chairman of the committee.
    – ICM is a non-political community; therefore all sub committees have to be a non-political committee.
  • The board of directors has decided that the period of posting an add on the Iranian Community of Manitoba’s web site is one calendar year.
  • Regarding Winnipeg Seminar that is organized by Mr. Mohaddes, the board of directors suggested that the Seminar could be organized like a sub committee of ICM.
    – Mr. Mohaddess will ask about ICM’s suggestion regarding the above from Winnipeg Seminars’ members via email.
  • The board of directors decided to post news and events, whichare happening in Winnipeg on the ICM web site.
  • Next Meeting: Oct. 20, 2009 at  6:30 P.M.

Board Meeting # 31 Sept 03 , 2009

Presents:    Mr. Doustshenas, Ms.Shooshtari , , Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Mohaddes , Mr. Towfigh,  Mr. Momtazi

Regret:  Mr.Qahraman

1.    Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes #30 was reviewed and approved  with some changes and will be posted on ICM site.

2.    Membership Registration:
·         Total number of registered members as of Sept 03 :  63

3.    Communication Committee: ( Mr. Doustshenass)
·         There were 5 e –mails . All were answered
·         We are going to have a Free classified section in our web site. This way ICM site will be more active .Mr. Mohaddes will prepare a note for the community to inform them for up coming plan.
·         All requests for commercial Add on the site should be brought up in the Board meeting and after approval and full payment will be posted on the site. One Add was approved and Mr. Azizkhani will contact the sponsor for payment and then the add  will be posted in the site.

4.    Financial review and report ( Mr. Azizkhani):
·         Financial Statement and report was reviewed.
·         Total Revenue : $888.0
·         Total Expense : $ 1105.19
·         This statement is for fiscal year 2009

5.    School Committee ( Ms. Shooshtari)
·         Classes will start on September 13 @ Church of Good Shepherd
·         11 students were registered already and estimated total number of students will be 18.
·         Our dedicated volunteer teachers from last year are returning.
·         One of the teachers is CPR certified and the other one is going to be trained in near future

6.    Sport Committee ( Mr. Azizkhani):
·         Approval of Terms of Reference. Next meeting.
·         There will be a morning Stretch and power walk for community . Time and place will be announced.

7.    Persian Art and Literature Committee (Mr. Towfigh):
·         There are some possible volunteers available in near future . They are going to let us know.

8.    Revised Constitution
·         Ms. Shooshtari will send the revised version to Mr. Qahraman and he will contact Mr. Taleghani to post it on the site.

9) Next Meeting: September 17 , 6:30 P.M.

Board Meeting # 30 July 30, 2009

Presents :
Regrets; Mr. Towfigh & Mr. Qahraman

– Meeting agenda was approved.
– Minutes from 29th meeting were read and approved.
– Communication committee report was tabled, there was only two emails since last meeting, both emails were in response of sports committees invitation for participation in sports activities, both emails were given to Mr. Azizkhani for follow up.
– Picnic invitation to be sent again to public.
– Financial report was same as last meeting there was no change.
– Sports committee report: a petition received from group of 6 Iranian youth requesting to add Basketball to the list of sports activities, sports committee will discuss this request in their next meeting.
– In their last sports committees meeting they have made the following decisions:
– Mr. Azizkhani to be the chair man and finance officer
– Mr. Kamrouz to be secretary
– Mr. Kalantarpour, Mr. Iranpour & Mr. Jeiranizadeh to be sports coordinators.
– Mr. Saleh Azad legal advisor of committee.
– Mr. Mohammadzadeh was not available.

– Mr. Iranpour to investigate about legal requirement about CPR and other required necessary forms.

– Mr. Kamrouz will provide a copy of terms of reference from PLC as a starting point.

– Sports committee will write their own terms of reference and the same will be forwarded to the ICM board for final approval.

– Sports committee will announce a day for community sports activity like walking or jogging.

– One of the requirements’ to be a coach would be criminal back ground check and child abuse registry.

– Mr. Momtazi will provide the necessary forms to the sports committee.

– Sports committee’s next meeting is in 5th of August.

Picnic preparation report:
– Second email invitation already sent out.
– Mr. Momtazi has booked the shelter at Crescent Park.
– 150 tickets were printed, 46 are sold so far.
– Events committees were contacted only Mr. Taleghani & Mrs. Mazloumi responded and agreed to help.
– Mrs. Shooshtari to contact Mrs. Leili regarding food.

PLC terms of reference;

Committee members agreed with policies, two of policies are already in place in ICM rules and regulations.
CPR training for two teachers was approved.
20 students expressed interest for new term.
Mrs. Moudir Rosta resigned from PLC.
Mrs. Shooshtari to forward the finalized copy of terms of reference to board for approval in icm board next meeting.

Other issues;
Mr. Doustshenas and Mr. Moomtazi will contact 2 ICM members for some overdue account

Duties regarding Picnic:
Mr. Momtazi to reserve the shelter brings the water, Ice, Soft drinks and tea maker.
Mrs. Shooshtari to get the final food estimate from Mrs. Leili to provide Asheh Reshteh, Salad and Water Melon.
Mrs. Shooshtari to buy the cookies.
Mr. Doustshenas to arrange sound system and buy all the disposables, and anything else needed for picnic.
Mrs. Zebarjadian to buy gifts for children up to $50 and gift wrap the same.

Board Meeting # 29 July 17 , 2009

Presents:    Mr. Doustshenas, Ms.Shooshtari, Mr. Azizkhani, Mr.Mohaddes, Mr. Towfigh, Mr. Momtazi

Regret:  Mr.Qahraman

1. Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes #28 reviewed and approved and will be posted on ICM site.

2. Membership Registration:
·         Total number of registered members as of July 17:  63

3. Communication Committee: ( Mr. Doustshenas)
·         There will be an event calendar on the site informing communityabout Summer Picnic, Yalda night and   Nowrooz (Mr. Doustshenas)
·         The e mail group should be registered under ICM name. Mr. Mohaddes is going to see if this is possible and if it is he will set the G Mail Group.
·         Mr. Doustshenas will forward the updated version of Constitution to Mr. Taleghani to be posted on the site.
Ms Shooshtari/ Mr. Mohaddes will forward the corrected version to Mr. Doustshenas. Mr. Taleghani will create a tab on the site for Rules and Policies of ICM. Rules and Regulations of Conducts and Existing and future operational policies will be posted on the site. Mr. Towfigh will forward 4 operational policies to Mr. Doustshenas.

4. Financial review and report (Mr. Azizkhani):
·         Financial Statement and report was reviewed.
·         Total Revenue: $217.0
·         Total Expense: $ 604.29
·         This statement is for year 2009

5. Sport Committee (Mr. Azizkhani):
·         The first meeting was held with 6 volunteer’s
·         There will be an e mail to ICM announcing the formation of sport committee and inviting ICM to join sport activities along with a questionnaire

6. Persian Art and Literature Committee:
·         Since there are not enough volunteers for this committee, we will postponed this activity to fall season.

7. School Committee (Ms. Shooshtari)
·         Legal advice regarding Terms of Reference was reviewed and send back to PLC for consultation/ revision.
·         Mr. Mohaddes will draft a thank you letter for Church of good Sheared and forward it Ms. Shooshtari.

8. Summer Picnic (Mr. Doustshenas)
·         The Picnic will be on Aug 09 from 1 to 5 p.m
·         Mr. Momtazi will check St Vital Park or Crescent Park
·         Catering will be available possibly Ashereshteh and Saladeolovieh. Ms Shooshtari will coordinate the catering.
·         Ticket price of $5.
·         Mr. Doustshenas will ask Event Committee if they can help.
·         An e mail will be send to ICM regarding the Picnic and a note will be posted on the site.

9) Next Meeting: July 30/09

Board Meeting # 28 June 25 , 2009

Presents:    Mr. Doustshenas, Ms.Shooshtari , , Mr. Azizkhani , Mr.Qahraman, Mr. Mohaddes , Mr. Towfigh,  Mr. Momtazi

1.    Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes #27 reviewed and approved  and will be posted on ICM site.

2.    Membership Registration:
·         Total number of registered members as of June 25:  63

3.    Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)
·         We should set up an event Calendar on the site informing community about Summer Picnic , Yalda night and NowRuz

4.    Financial review and report ( Mr. Azizkhani):
·         Financial Statement and report was reviewed.
·         Total Revenue : $202.0
·         Total Expense : $ 374.91
·         This statement is for year 2009

5.    Sport Committee:
·         Mr. Azizkhani has contacted volunteers and there is going to be a meeting next week.

6.    Persian Art and Literature Committee:
·         Mr. Towfigh contacted the volunteers and volunteers had their first meeting.
·         Mr. Doustshenass attended  this meeting.
·         There are 3 volunteers : Ms. Shemirani, Ms.Eghedari and Ms. Gangetomari.
·         The name of Committee will be Persian Art and Literature.
·         There should be a Terms of References for this committee before starting any activities. Mr. Towfigh and Mr. Doustshenass will talk to volunteers in the next meeting regarding Terms of References for this Committee.

7.    School year end and AGM
·         School year end and AGM will be celebrated together on June 28 @ Church of Good Sheppard from 2p.m to 5p.m.
·         A public notice will be e mailed  to the community.

8.    General Policies File
·         We should set up a Policy file on our web site .
·         This file will include all the existing and future policies that are approved by the Board
·         Mr. Towfigh will pull out these Policies and send them to Mr. Qahraman to post them on the site.

9.    Policy number # 4:   regarding Advertisements on the site
·         All advertisements should be approved by the BOD and after full payment will be sent to Web Coordinator for posting on ICM site

10. Rules and Regulations of Conduct are approved with some changes and will be posted on the site

11. Next Meeting: July 9/09

Board Meeting # 27 June 11 , 2009

Presents:    Mr. Doustshenas, Ms.Shooshtari , , Mr. Azizkhani , Mr.Qahraman, Mr. Mohaddes , Mr. Towfigh,  Mr. Momtazi

1.    Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes #26 reviewed and approved  and will be posted on ICM site.

2.    Membership Registration:
·         Total number of registered members as of June 11:  63 ( 4 new members)

3.    Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)
·         The e mails asking for volunteers for Sport committee and Persian Literature Committee ( Shabe Sher) were sent and there are some volunteers for both activities

4.    Financial review and report ( Mr. Azizkhani):
·         Financial Statement and report was reviewed.
·         Total Revenue : $122
·         Total Expense : $ 363.26
·         This figures are for year 2009
·         We do not have to file income tax return since our income does not reach the certain limit.

5.    Sport Committee:
·         Mr. Azizkhani will contact Volunteers

6.    Persian Literature Committee:
·         Mr.   Mr. Towfigh and Mr. Doustshenas will contact volunteers.

7.    Annual General Meeting Reflection and future Plan:
·         Regarding the suggestion to open the Board meeting to public : Considering space limitation and some confidential matters and the fact that the minutes are on the site and available to public, the Board decided that the meeting will not be open to public.
·         ICM communications with public should be in Persian and English.
·         Ms. Anna Aminian is going to help us to call ICM to inform them for up coming events.
·         Membership Cards: We should talk about Membership Cards next meeting.
·         Yearly events Calendar:  Summer Picnic :Second Sunday of August, Yalda  Night : Third Saturday of December ,this year December 19, Now Ruz: Saturday 20 of March.
·         AGM will be on June 28 along with School end Celebration.  Mr. Moomtazi and Ms. Shooshtari will check for place availability

8.    Persian language classes:
·         Terms of references were reviewed and with some corrections approved. Ms. Shooshtari will forward the final version to Mr. Doustshenas and he will check with our legal adviser for final version.
·         Appreciation letter : Mr. Mohaddes.

9) Next Meeting : June 25

Board Meeting # 26 May 14 , 2009

Presents:    Mr. Doustshenas, Ms.Shooshtari , , Mr. Azizkhani , Mr.Qahraman, Mr. Mohaddes , Mr. Towfigh

Regret:, Mr. Momtazi

1.    Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes #25 reviewed and approved  and will be posted on ICM site.

2.    Membership Registration:
·         Total number of registered members as of May 14:  59
·         To encourage ICM to be a registered member, we will give $10 voucher @ the time of registration. This would include the 2009 members that they have already registered. Mr. Taleghani will make the Voucher and Mr. Doustshenass will announce this in the AGM.

3.    Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)
·         There was one e-mail and it was consulted in the meeting and Mr. Qahraman is going to answer this e- mail.

4.    Financial review and report ( Mr. Azizkhani):
·         Financial Statement and report was reviewed.
·         Total Revenue : $8,867.03
·         Total Expense : $5,983.31
·         Net Income : $2,883.72
·         AGM financial report was reviewed and discussed. To hire a Certified Accountant as a Financial Auditor for AGM will cost us more than $1000.  At this point we decided not to have a Certified Accountant as an Auditor.
·         The  B.O.D. recommend that Mr. Jalili will be the Auditor for this year.
·         We will introduce an Amendment to the Constitution regarding selecting the Auditor : “ The Auditor will be introduce by the Board to ICM members @ the AGM to be confirmed by members.
·         Annual Tax return: Mr. Azizkhani will investigate that if we have to file for Tax return.
·         52 of 5000 Rial bill were handed to Mr. Azizkhani.

5.    Annual General Meeting:
·         The AGM will be on May 31 @ Fort Garry community Center from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
·         We should encourage all the members to attend
·         Financial Report : Mr. Azizkhani and Mr. Jalili
·         Report to Community : Mr. Doustshenass
·         Constitution Amendment: Ms. Shooshtari
·         Mr. Qahraman and Mr. Towfigh to ensure all members will have Yes and No cards for constitution amendment voting.
·         Refreshment ( Cake) : Mr. Azizkhani
·         Key for the Hall : Ms. Shooshtari
·         Yes and No Card and Cutlery and Tea : Mr. Doustshenass
·         ICM Banner : Mr. Towfigh.
·         Only members can vote and there will be no membership registration during the formal part of the meeting.

6.    Persian language classes:
·         Terms of references is ready. We will review this in the next meeting.
·         The last class will be on Jun 28. Classes will be resume in September
·         June 28 Agenda:

– Student academic performance evaluation and certificate handout
– Teachers and Committee members appreciation.
– Gift certificate for teachers :$100 each
– Thank you letter for all volunteers. Mr. Mohaddes will make a generic Thank you letter

  • parent’s evaluation of the classes form
    ·         Persian Language Classes questionnaire

7.  Next meeting :  May 28 , 2009

Board Meeting #25 April 30 , 2009

Presents:,  Mr.Towfigh.,  Mr. Doustshenas, Ms.Shooshtari , Mr. Momtazi, Mr. Azizkhani , Mr.Qahraman

Regret: Mr. Mohaddes

1.   Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes #23 and #24 were reviewed and approved  and will be posted on ICM site.

2.   Membership Registration:
·         Total number of registered members as of April 30: 59 (2 new members).

3.   Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)
·         There was one e-mail and it was answered.

4.   Financial review and report ( Mr. Azizkhani):
·         Since Mr. Azizkhani was away for a while, he will have financial report for next meeting.

5.   Annual General Meeting:
·         The AGM will be on May 31 @ Fort Garry community Center from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
·         AGM Agenda:
–      Financial Report and introduction of Financial Auditor by Mr. Azizkhani
–      Mr. Azizkhani will try to talk to a certified accountant to get a quote for Audit.
–      Report to Community: Mr. Doustshenass
–      Constitution Amendment: Ms. Shooshtari
–      More than %50 of members should attend to have a quorum.
–      Only members can vote and there will be no registration during the formal part of meeting.
–      Mr. Qahraman will send invitation to ICM along with agenda by May 01/2009.
–      We will review Constitution amendments in our next meeting.

6.   Persian language classes:
·         Terms of references is almost ready. Ms. Shooshtari will send the draft for Board to review.

7.   Board Written Policy:
·         We need to have a written policies  for our internal and external operations.
·         Mr. Doustshenass will get some legal advise from a member of the community and we will consult about this in our next meeting

8.  Next meeting :  May 14 , 2009

Board Meeting #24 April 16, 2009

Presents:,  Mr.Towfigh.,  Mr. Doustshenas, Ms.Shooshtari , Mr.Qahraman, Mr. Mohaddes

Regret: Mr. Azizkhani  , Mr. Momtazi,

1.    For the first part, we had a joint meeting with Persian Language Committee members to know each other and  to discuss future plan and share some ideas together.
·         PLC members attended: Ms. Parissa Sadri, Ms. Mandana Modirroosta, Mr. Khashayar Kamroz, and Ms. Lieli Zebarjadian.
·         We will refer to this committee as Persian Language Committee and to the class as Persian Language Classes.
·         Currently there are two Persian classes on Sundays until end of June.
·         Our long term goal and vision is to have a Persian Language Learning Center in Winnipeg to provide this service to all ages of Iranian and non Iranian decent.
·         We should keep in mind that while we keep this momentum not to expand our services very rapidly. We should introduce some rules and regulations and terms of references for all these activities.
·         PLC is going to draft a Terms of References for the committee and Classes rules and regulations and submit them to the Board for final review approval.
·         There will be pre registration for September Classes before the end of classes in June.
·         It was suggested that There will be price difference between Registered ICM and non registered family members .
·         The Board should have a mechanism to introduce new members to the PLC committee.

2.    Second part of the meeting:
·         The Board needs a Legal Advisor for internal operations policy. We will consult about this in our next meeting.
·         Our Annual General Meeting will be Possibly on Sunday  31 of May Possibly @ Fort Garry Community Center. In this meeting we will introduce some changes to the constitution. We will announce date and location of AGM on the site and persuade non registered members  for registration before entering the meeting .Invitation will be send along with agenda.
·         There is some express need and interest in  creating a Sport Committee . We have a volunteer, Mr. Iran pour . Mr. Azizkhani will be the Liaison .
·          There is some express need and interest in creating a Shabe Shere committee. Mr Doustshenass and Mr. Mohaddes will be Liaison.
·         We should consult about Board Policy regarding Reference letters for members.  There was one case that as discussed and agreed upon .

3.  Next meeting :  April 30 , 2009

Board Meeting #23 March 26, 2009

Presents:,  Mr.Towfigh.,  Mr. Doustshenas, Ms.Shooshtari , Mr. Momtazi

Regret:, Mr. Azizkhani , Mr.Qahraman, Mr. Mohaddes

1.    Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes was reviewed and approved  and will be posted on ICM site.

2.    Membership Registration:
·         Total number of registered members for 2009: 57

3.    Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)
·         No new mail

4.    Now Ruz Celebration review and feed back:
·         Over all it was a joy full and successful event
·         It was very organized and very well family oriented function in relaxed atmosphere.
·         The idea of separate room for children and hiring babysitters worked very well
·         Children gifts and presentation was very organized.
·         Live music was very nice and musicians did a wonderful job
·         For next event we should see if we can rent a better and bigger hall not a Gym.
·         We will have a brief report on the site with some pictures and will thank volunteers for this event .( Mr. Doustshenass)
·         Volunteers are one of the most important elements in our operations . We should make  sure that will have line of communications open with them , value their suggestions and  make sure there is no misunderstanding between them and the Board.
·         Total number of ticket sales : Adult :190 ( $ 2850) ,  Children: 40 ( $400). Total Revenue of $3250  and total Expense of $2890.58, net income of $359.42. Mr. Doustshenas will send everybody the details.
·         Letter of appreciation for volunteers ( Mr. Doustshenass)

5.    Persian  Class: (Ms. Shooshtari)
·         The classes will be held @ Church of Good Shepherd from April 5 till June 27.
·         An agreement was signed for this location
·         Rent will be $50 per month plus $75 third part liability.
·         We would like to meet with school Committee to discuss the future plan and share some ideas together. Ms. Shooshtari will coordinate with school committee if they can meet with us in the next meeting ( April16 ) or we will join them on April19 in school time.
·         Ms. Shooshtari will send everyone some possible questions from school committee in advance.

6.  Next meeting :  April 16 , 2009

Board Meeting #22 March 12, 2009

Presents:   Mr. Azizkhani,  Mr.Towfigh., , Ms.Shooshtari ,. Mr. Doustshenas , Mr. Qahraman , Mr. Mohaddes

Regrets: Mr. Momtazi

1. Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes was reviewed and approved and will be posted on ICM site.

2. Financial Review and Report ( Mr. Azizkhani):
·         Financial Statement was reviewed.
·         Total Revenue :$5,462.00
·         Total Expense :$2,630.94
·         Net Income: $2,630.94
·         Financial details for Persian classes activities were reviewed .
·         Mr. Azizkhani will initial all Persian classes registration forms  and all membership forms before enter them to the system .All the forms will be kept by Secretary.
·         While Mr. Azizkhani is away for a month, Mr. Towfigh will keep five blank checks for some expenses ( ie: Now Ruz  , Persian Classes)

3. Membership Registration:
·         Total number of registered members for 2009 : 52 ( 4 was added in this meeting)

4. Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)
·         One e- mail was added to e-mail list.

5. Now Ruz Celebration:  ( Mr. Doustshenass)
·         Entertainment program has been arranged.
·         There will be Haftseen and decoration  along with deserts and coffee and tea and soft drinks.
·         There will be a slide show about Iran and represent the cultural root of Iranian people. Projector and Screen from Mr. Momtazi. We will get together on Sunday @10 a.m. to choose the content.
·         Mr. Mohaddes  will be the M.C for the event . Mr. Doustshenas will hand out letter of appreciation  to Chackavac Concerts Volunteers and persuade community to become ICM members. Mr. Towfigh will  arrange the membership registration.
·         Ms. Shooshtari will manage Children gifts / names  and announcements.
·         Tickets @ the door: Mr. Qahraman and Mr. Towfigh
·         The M.C. will remind the guests about our policy regarding picture taking and  any kind of advertising.
·         Mr. Mohaddes will manage the Hat game.
·         Mr. Qahraman will send an e-mail to community to invite them for the event.
·         Deadline to buy tickets will be March 20.

6. Persian  Class: ( Ms. Shooshtari , Mr. Mohaddes)
·         After a joint meeting with School committee and Ms. Shooshtari and Mr. Doustshenas , it was agreed that Ms. Shooshtari will be the Chair for this committee. Mr. Mohaddes will be the second Liaison.
·         The classes are moving ahead with 20 students.
·         There is a possibility that the location will be changed to a church @ Silverstone street since the rent is cheaper.
·         Possible future activities after nowruz for Farsi classes: Announcements on the site. Photos from classes on the sites. Mr. Taleghani will set up a space for Farsi classes on the site. Fundraising.  We will consult about these issues in our next meeting.

7. Next meeting :  March 26, 2009

Board Meeting #21 Feb26, 2009

Presents:   Mr. Azizkhani,  Mr.Towfigh., , Ms.Shooshtari ,. Mr. Doustshenas , Mr. Qahraman , Mr. Mohaddes

Regrets: Mr. Momtazi

1. Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes was reviewed and approved and will be posted on ICM site.

2. Financial Review and Report ( Mr. Azizkhani):
·         Financial Statement was reviewed.
·         Total Revenue :$4,867.0
·         Total Expense :$2,252.35
·         Net Income: $2,614.65

3. Membership Registration:
·         Total number of registered members for 2009 : 48 ( 19 added in this meeting)
·         An updated Membership list will be posted in our Google Group site available to the Board.

4. Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)
·         Mr. Bazzi e-mail : We will wait for clear proposal.
·         Response to one fax  : After consultation the Board decided to introduce some policies as  required. We will have a Policy file in our Google Group site and we update the files as required.

Policy 1:  All working documents and internal discussions of the Board and Sub committees to remain internal until finalized and become available to public.

Policy 2 : All the subcommittees to be chaired by and appointed member of Board of Directors.

Policy 3: When calling for volunteers participation in subcommittees, a deadline and maximum number of volunteers must be specified.

5. Now Ruz Celebration:  ( Mr. Doustshenass)
·         After consultation about the details cost of dinner and to make sure to include all Iranian Community specially families with children , it was decided that we will have this celebration after dinner .
·         Ticket price : $15 for adults and $10 for children under 12
·         The celebration starts @7;30 . There will be tea , coffee, soft drink and deserts and mixed nuts !.
·         There will be Now Ruz gifts for all children.

6. Persian  Class: ( Ms. Shooshtari , Mr. Mohaddes)
·         The classes will be from March 01 to June 27 , 2009  on Sundays 2:0 pm to 4:30 pm @ Deaf Center
·         There will be 2 classes : Elementary 1 and Elementary 2.
·         15 students have been registered and paid the Tuition.
·         There is an active  Persian class committee. After consultation, it was decided that the Chair for this committee should be the Liaison Board member ( Ms. Shooshtari)

7. Next meeting :  March 12, 2009

Board Meeting #20 Feb12, 2009

Presents: Mr. Azizkhani, Mr.Towfigh., , Ms.Shooshtari ,. Mr. Doustshenas ,Mr. Momtazi  ,Mr. Qahraman , Mr. Mohaddes

1. Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes was reviewed and approved and will be posted on ICM site.
·         We will keep yearly minutes hard copies for future references.

2. Financial Review and Report ( Mr. Azizkhani):
·         Financial Statement was reviewed.
·         Total Revenue :$3,677.0
·         Total Expense :$2,252.35
·         Net Income: $1,424.65
·         The expense report will be itemized based on events ( i.e.: Yalda expense, Nowruz expense). This will help us for future planning.

3. Membership Registration:
·         Total number of registered members for 2009 : 29 ( 20 Yalda night, 9 from Board meeting)
·         Mr. Azizkhani will be in charge of Membership  campaign.

4. Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)
·         Ms. Shooshtari will send an e-mail to Mr. Arash G. regarding
his question about BOD President position.
·         2 more people volunteered for Farsi classes
·         Mr. Momtazi will contact Mr. Qahraman or Mr. Taleghani for Yellow pages add.

5. Now Ruz Celebration: ( Mr. Doustshenas)
·         The Event Committee had 2 meetings regarding Now Ruz.
·         There are couple of places available but the date and price is not the best.
·         We are going to see if we can find any other places. A catering service might be available for $10 . Mr. Momtazi will contact this person.
·         The Board decided that considering the circumstances , $700 rent for the hall is reasonable.
·         All members will look into place availability around March 21.

6. Chakavak Concert:
·         A place is needed for Sunday Night for 3 musician. If we could not find a host family . A hotel will be considered for them. The expense will be covered by Chakavak event committee.
·         Saturday supper with Chakavak Group was not agreed upon as far as expense.
·         Volunteer appreciation will be @ intermission.
·         Flower presentation on behalf of ICM. ICM will cover the cost.
·         A letter of appreciation will be send after the event.

7. Persian Class: ( Ms. Shooshtari , Mr. Mohaddes)
·         There will be a registration and orientation session on Feb 15.

8. Next meeting : Feb26, 2009  , 7 PM.

Board Meeting #17 Jan 09 , 2009

Presents:   Mr. Azizkhani, Mr.Towfigh., Ms.Shooshtari, Mr. Momtazi

Regret:, Mr. Mohaddes, Mr. Dousthenas , Mr.Qahraman

This was an emergency meeting to consult and discuss and confirm some issues regarding Chakavac Concert with Mr. Taleghani and Mr. Ostadrahimi.

1.    The Concert will be on Feb 22 , 2009

2.    B.O.D will fully support this event except the financial aspect of it . Mr. Taleghani and Mr. Ostadrahimi will have full responsibility of financial activities.

3.    Number of tickets : 190

4.    Ticket price : $30 before Feb 7 and $40 after Feb 7

5.    Mr. Taleghani will coordinate selling and distributing tickets and posters to Board Members and some individuals.

6.    All the information will be available on ICM  site.

7.    We will send e mails to community members to find 2 or 3 Host families for Chakavak group ( 5 male , 1 female). Also we will need some volunteers for transportation.

8.    We need a rehearsal place for the group . Mr. Moomtazi will check the availability.

9.    We should keep record of people who buy tickets in case we want to contact them.

10. While we sell the tickets We should emphasize about children under 15 are not permitted in the room and the door will be closed @ 6.55 sharp and will not be opened till intermission.

11.  A letter will be provided to Mr. Taleghani with BOD letter head for media invitation .

12. This is a good opportunity to invite some dignitaries

13. Flower presentation to Chacavak  from BOD

14. Volunteer appreciation

15. Master of Ceremony

16.   Volunteers needed : Admission 2 , Ushers 2  , a table for selling Group CD  1 person,  people for setting up and cleaning the stage.

17. A person @ the front door all the time ( may be we hire a Canadian security person).

18. Refreshments

Board Meeting #19 Jan 29, 2009

Presents:   Mr. Azizkhani,  Mr.Towfigh., , Ms.Shooshtari ,. Mr. Doustshenas ,Mr. Momtazi

Regret: Mr.Qahraman , Mr. Mohaddes

1. Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes was reviewed and approved and will be posted on ICM site.

2. Financial Review and Report ( Mr. Azizkhani):
·         Financial Statement was reviewed.
·         Total Revenue :$3,212.0
·         Total Expense :$2,222.31
·         Net Income: $989.69

3. Membership Registration:
·         We have some members for 2009 . We will review this matter in the next meeting.

4. Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)
·         Respond to some incoming e-mails from community :
3 in coming e mails were reviewed.
·         Mr. Taleghani will set up a link on ICM site for suggestions from community.

5. Yalda Night follow up:
·         Mr. Doustshenas will write a Thank you letter to Mr. Arash Saleh Azad regarding facilitating the Hall.
·         Mr. Taleghani will post some photos on the site

7. Persian  Class: ( Ms. Shooshtari , Mr. Mohaddes)
·         The first meeting was held on 25 of January .  7 parents along with Mr. Mohaddes and Ms. Shooshtari attended in this meeting.
·         School Location : Different locations were consulted. Deaf Center, Fort Gary CC, North Kildonan CC, U of  Manitoba are available
·         School curriculum was consulted. Some material from Iranian School books will be used . There will be Farsi conversation along with extra activities program such as Theater.
·         School Fee: Assuming there will be 13 students , School fee for first child will be $150 and for  2 children will be $250 a year.
·         Classes time table: It will be Sundays Afternoon and Feb 15 was is the goal to start the classes.
·         School Committee : All parents in this meeting are willing to be member of School committee. Ms. Shooshtari will be BOD liaison and will attend meeting on Feb 01.

8. Now Ruz Celebration:  ( Mr. Doustshenass)
·         The Event Committee is willing to take care of Now Ruz Celebration.
·         They will have the first meeting on Saturday Jan 31.
·         It was decided that Now Ruz will be celebrated on Saturday March 21 preferably in a community Center type of Hall and not in a Hotel.
·         Now Ruz committee will look into this.

9. Chakavac Concert:
·         Mr. Taleghani attended in  a part of our meeting to finalize a few points regarding the concert.
·         Media release is done.
·         Itinerary for the group is available. Mr. Azizkhani will send the itinerary  along with a note asking community to host individual plus transportation to airport.
·         The Deadline to be host is Feb10.
·         Mr. Momtazi arranged the place for rehearsal

10. Next meeting :  Feb12, 2009

Board Meeting #18 Jan 15 , 2009

Presents:   Mr. Azizkhani,  Mr.Towfigh, Mr.Qahraman, Ms.Shooshtari ,Mr. Mohaddes.

Regret: Mr. Doustshenas ,Mr. Momtazi

1. Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes was reviewed and approved and will be posted on ICM site.

2. Financial Review and Report ( Mr. Azizkhani):

  • Financial Statement was reviewed.
  • Total Revenue :$3,182.0
  • Total Expense :$2,222.31
  • Net Income: $959.69

ICM account has been set up with Assinobine Credit Union.

3. Membership Registration:

  • We have some members for 2009 . We will review this matter in the next meeting.

4. Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)

  • Couple new e-mail addresses were added to the list.
  • Respond to some incoming e-mails from community :  Mr. Qahraman will send e-mails  to respond to 4 in coming e mails.
  • Ms. Shooshtari will contact Ms. Bakhtiari
  • We will ask Mr. Taleghani to set up a link on the ICM site for community  members suggestions after any events.

5. Yalda Night Review :

  • Over all it was a joyfull event.
  • We will write a report along with the pictures and thanks all volunteers specially Mr. Arash Salehazad for facilitating the Hall.
  • For next Pot Luck event we should make sure that there is a Halal
  • Tag  available for Halal foods.
  • We should keep in mind a Play Room for childeren.
  • Set up a Suggestion Button on the ICM site.

6. Mr. Bazi / Soltani proposal ( Ms. Shooshtari)

  • We will consult about this proposal in details when we will be received the proposal.

7. Persian  Class: ( Ms. Shooshtari , Mr. Mohaddes)

  • Next meeting

8. Naw Ruz Celebration:  Next week consultation.

9. Chakavak Concert:

  • Mr. Taleghani attended the last part of our meeting to finalize a few points regarding the Concert.
  • It was recommended that we should reduce the  number people who sell the tickets.
  • Mr. Taleghani, Ms.Mazloomi, and Mr. Ostad Rahimi will sell the tickets. Mr. Taleghani will Coordinate the ticket sales.
  • Mr. Taleghani will give ten tickets to each Board member to sell them to indivituals.
  • There will be a public service announcement for the concert.
  • We might be able to record the concert and post them on ICM site.
  • Mr. Taleghani will send a questionnaire to BOD to fill it and send it back to him. This questionnaire will be for media release purposes.

10. Next meeting :  Jan 29, 2009

Board Meetings Minutes (2008)

Board Meeting #16 Nov27 , 2008

Presents:   Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Doustshenas, Mr.Towfigh.,  Mr.Qahraman, Ms.Shooshtari

Regret: Mr. Momtazi, Mr. Mohaddes

1.   Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes was reviewed and approved  and will be posted on ICM site.

2.   Financial Review and Report ( M. Azizkhani):
·         Financial Statement was reviewed.
·         Total Revenue :$2,292.00
·         Total Expense : $1,774.22
·         Net Income: $517.78
·         Mr.Azizkhani will contact Assinobine Credit Union to set up an account for ICM.

Mr. Azizkhani will coordinate the time between ICMBOD officers to attend at the bank on Nov 29 to open an account .

3.   Membership Registration:
·         Total number of registered members for 2008 : 69
·         We will start registration for 2009 from next meeting.

4.   Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)
·         The community members e-mail list is current and up to date.
·         Mr. Qahraman will contact Mr.Taleghani to organize BOD names on the site.
·         Mr. Qahraman will send letter of invitation for Yalda nights to our e-mail list.
·         We will send another letter to ask for Host family from Community members. We will do this after Yalda  night event .
·         Adding some useful link  to the site ( ie; my winnipeg.com) . we will talk about this in our next meeting

5.   Persian  Class: ( Ms. Shooshtari , Mr. Mohaddes)
·         We will send another letter to parents to have a meeting with them. We will wait till Mr. Mohaddes is back.

6.   Yalda Night : (Mr. Doustshenas)
·         A well organized  committee is arranged for this funcion
·         Mr. Towfigh would Join Mr. Doustshenass to attend committee’s meeting.
·         Yalda Night will be celebrated on Saturday Dec 20 @Kildonan Community Center.
·         There are 200 tickets available for $5.0 each. Children under 12 free.
·         Food /desert will be Pot luck supper.
·         Mr. Azizkhani will bring the registration forms for 2009 to yalda night and persuade friends to register.

7.   Report to Community: ( Ms. Shooshtari)
·         A draft is prepared and will be posted along with President message in early December.

8.   Ostad Rahimi Concert:

Chakavak Group are willing to travel to Winnipeg from Toronto and perform a music concert. The cost for this event would be between $4000 to $5000.

BOD would support this idea ,however , we can not sponsor the event financially.

We will talk about this in our next meeting.

9.   Advertising on the site :
·         The first customer : Leyli Salon  ( $15)

10. Next meeting Dec11 @ 7.0 PM

Board Meeting #15 Nov 13 , 2008

Presents:   Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Doustshenas, Mr.Towfigh., Mr. Momtazi, Mr. Mohaddes , Mr.Qahraman

Regret: Ms.Shooshtari

1.    Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes was reviewed and approved  and will be posted on ICM site.
·         Mr. Mohaddes will forward the long term Master Plan for approval/correction and to be added to the minutes #13.

2.    Financial Review and Report ( M. Azizkhani):
·         Financial Statement was reviewed. No Changes from last time.
·         Total Revenue :$2,260.0
·         Total Expense : $1,691.20
·         Net Income: $568.80
·         Mr.Azizkhani will contact Assinobine Credit Union to set up an account for ICM.

Mr. Azizkhani will coordinate the time between ICMBOD officers to attend at the bank to open an account.

3.    Membership Registration:
·         Total number of registered members: 69
·         No new Members.
·         We should start 2009 membership registration for year 2009 ( $20.0).

4.    Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)
·         The community members e-mail list is current and up to date.

5.    Persian  Class: ( Ms. Shooshtari , Mr. Mohaddes)
·         There will be a meeting with parents on Sunday Nov 16 to discuss about curriculum/location / time/ cost and number of classes
·         Mr. Momtazi will talk Ms. Brick to see if there is a place available for Persian Classes.

6.    Book / Film and music Club: (Mr. Qahraman, Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Towfigh)
·         There will be a movie night on Nov16 @Fort Gary Community Center

7.    Yalda Night : (Mr. Doustshenas)
·         A committee is organized from volunteers for this function
·         Yalda Night will be celebrated on Saturday Dec 20
·         UMISA representative was attended in that meeting and indicated that UMISA would rather to have separate Yalda night celebration  for it’s members.
·         Location: Waverly Height C.C ( Mr. Doustshenas), U of M ( Mr. Qahraman), St Norbert  C.C. ( Mr. Momtazi)
·         Ticket : $5 each ,Children under 12 free
·         Food: Coordinated Pot Lock Supper

8.    Report to Community:
·         A draft is prepared by Ms. Shooshtari. After receiving comments by all members, report will be posted on the site. Every body, please comment.
·         Report will be available for Community members in first week of December

9.     General Meeting :
·         First week of May each year.

10. Next meeting Nov27 @ 7.0 PM

Board Meeting #14 Oct 30 , 2008

COMING SOON!

Board Meeting #13 Oct 23 , 2008

Presents: Ms.Shooshtari, , Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Doustshenas, Mr.Towfigh., Mr. Momtazi, Mr. Mohaddes , Mr.Qahraman

1.    This was an special meeting to develop a master work planincluding the time table  for next 18 month. Board Meeting #12 minutes will be reviewed in the next meeting

2.    The goals and activities from constitution were reviewed and consulted and priorities and time tables were established. Mr. Mohaddes will send Board Members the work plan in spread sheet format and the work plan will be part of the minutes.

3.    Total number of registered members : 69
Updated Membership lists is posted on ICMBOD Goggle group.

4.    We have received the original copy of ICM Article of Incorporation from our lawyer.
The secretary will keep the original copy.

Next meeting Oct 30 @ 7.0 PM

Board Meeting #12 Oct 16 , 2008

Presents: Ms.Shooshtari, , Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Doustshenas, Mr.Towfigh., Mr. Momtazi, Mr. Mohaddes

Regret: , Mr.Qahraman

1.    Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes was reviewed and approved with some changes and will be posted on ICM site.

2.    Financial Review and Report ( M. Azizkhani):
·         Financial Statement was reviewed.
·         Total Revenue :$2,230.0
·         Total Expense : $1,591.20
·         Net Income: $638.80

3.    Membership Registration:
·         Total number of registered members: 66
·          Membership cards were issued for new members.

4.    Meeting with Ms. Audrey Gordon:
·         Mr. Doustshenas had a meeting with Ms. Gordon . She is a Director of Multiculturalism Secretarial of Manitoba Government .She was briefed about ICM organization and back ground and was provided a copy of ICM Constitution and Articles of Incorporation. She was very impressed with what has been done and provided Mr. Doustshenass with following informations:

–      They hold free training workshops for Board of Directors
–      They also provide two types of grant to organization like ICM, first operational funding. They are the only source of this kind of grant.This could be used for day to day expense of organizations.Second, special project grant. This kind of grants are just for specific projects like holding a workshop or a language class ,etc.
–      Application deadline are April30 and October 31
–      We can apply for grant after one year of being registered as a non profit organization.
–      We have all necessary applications and booklets.
–      We should keep track of all our expenses even personal donations ( such as donating the office for Board meeting purposes, etc ) for future grant application.
–      Mr. Azizkhani will keep record of donation goods
–      Mr. Doustshenas will prepare a report for community and forward it to Mr. Taleghani to be posted on ICM site.

5.    Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)
·         We should verify ICM e-mail address (icmbmail@gmail.com ??) and publish this address for friends in the community in case they want to send us a direct e mail and not to use ICM web site. Mr. Towfigh will contact Mr. Qahraman to verify this.
·         Commercial Advertising : Guide lines for advertising on the site were consulted as followings:
–  Content: service , educational, Should not promote political and religious opinion , should be ethically appropriate subject.
–      Language: Official Language in Canada and all Iranian languages.
–      Who May Ad: Iranian Community of Manitoba only
–      Appearance:  Frame size/design/format .We will consult this with Mr. Taleghani and will consult and decide about this in the next meeting.
–      Cost : charges/ discount/ duration/extension. We will consult and decide about this in our next meeting
–      Legalization: We will have a contract for each Ad, signed and prepaid by the Ad’s owner. We will collect statistical information about Ads.
–      We should create an Iranian Business directory ??

6.    Persian  Class: ( Ms. Shooshtari , Mr. Mohaddes)
·         The e- mail address in the questionnaire (ifo@iraniancommunity.ca) is not valid.  Mr. Towfigh will contact Mr. Qahraman to verify ICM email address (icmb@gmail.com ??) .Then we will send the questionnaire to community members with the right e-mail address.
·         We have not received any response yet .Invalid e-mail address might be the reason.

7.    Book / Film and music Club: (Mr. Qahraman, Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Towfigh)
·         We did not receive any feedback yet .It seems that our community members are not ready  for this kind of club activity at this time.
·         We will set up a movie night or story telling or music  activity every month or every second month. This type function could bring community together.
·         The committee will consult about this and will come up with plans for the first function.

8.    ICM Registration:
·         ICM registration is completed . The cost was $100.0

9.    Report to Community:
·         A draft is prepared by Ms. Shooshtari. After receiving comment by all members, report will be posted on the site. Every body, please comment.

10.  Develop a master plan for the Board activities. Long term goals, Short term goals, time line and operational guideline. We will have an additional meeting next week to talk about this.

10. Next meeting Oct 23 @ 7.0 PM

Board Meeting #11 October 02 , 2008

Presents: Ms.Shooshtari, , Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Doustshenas, Mr.Qahraman, Mr.Towfigh., Mr. Momtazi

Regret: Mr. Mohaddes

1.    Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes was reviewed and approved and will be posted on ICM site.

2.    Financial Review and Report:
·         Financial Statement was the same as last meeting.
·         Total Revenue :$2,180.0
·         Total Expense : $1,554.45
·         Net Income: $625.55

3.    Membership Registration:
·         Total number of registered members: 66
·         4 new members . Membership cards will be issued by next meeting.

4.    Ms. Marilyn Brick visit’s Follow Up:
·         Ms. Brick provided  a contact name to Mr. Doustshenass and Mr. Momtazi There might be possibilities to apply for some type of grant from Government.
·         She will try to find a place for or Persian Classes
·         We will post the photo that we took with her on ICM site.

5.    Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)
·         All announcements will be posted on ICM site and will be e mailed to our e mail lists as well.
·         Commercial Advertising : As a non profit organization, we are allowed to have commercial advertising in the site as long as the income from advertising will be spent towards the goals of the community.
·         We will set up a guide line for Commercial Advertising next meeting ,considering the following:
–      Content ( Service , educational ,trade, non political, non religious, not in conflict with community values and mission )
–      Size
–      Price ( how much and for how long)
–      Format ( template , yellow page simple format ?)
–      Language ( Persian /English)
–      Region  ( Manitoba /Canada /…)
–      Create a sub committee
–      Mr. Qahraman will send a note to summarized details for next meeting .

6.    Ms. Shooshtari had a meeting with Ms. Debra Olukoju. She is an ex-advisor to ICS and she is involved in Nigerian Association.

She has a position with Immigration/ Multiculturalism department of Government of Manitoba .  She would like to have a copy of our constitution and she is going to provide some contacts to apply for grant and some other services

7.    Persian  Class: ( Ms. Shooshtari , Mr. Mohaddes)
·         We are waiting for response from community .A survey was sent to the community to collect info. Deadline is Oct08/08
·         White Ridge C.C. is available for whole day Saturdays and Sundays afternoon.
·         We should keep in mind the possibility of establishing a class for non Iranian spouses.
·         We will set up and make a proposal for grant after the persian classes are set up.

8.    Book / Film and music Club: (Mr. Qahraman, Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Towfigh)
·         Mr. Kermani’s letter was reviewed and consulted.
·         The Board think sharing the items  in club type environment , create and promote friendship between community members. Therefore we continue to establish the club the same way that was decided.
·         The idea of accessing the items for only registered members vs all members was reviewed and consulted. We should wait for couple of weeks to see the response of  the community.
·         There are some friends who have some items for sharing but do not want the responsibilities of  managing the items. We will wait for couple of weeks, may be  we will set up a movie night or some similar functions to share these items among friends.
·         Generally speaking , we should evaluate our decision based on feedback from community since a lot of functions/activities are taken for the first time .

9.    ICM Registration:
·         Mr. Doustshenass contacted our lawyer , Mr. Paul Shawa, The Article of Incorporation were typed with some minor adjustments
·         The form was signed by all members ( Mr. Mohaddes will sign the form by next meeting.

10. Report to Community:
·         According to the ICM constitution, the Board is responsible to report back to the community every three month.
·         Should it be online on the site or should we have a General Meeting? We will decide next meeting.
·         There are some minor changes in constitution that it will be addressed to members @ proper time.

11. Community Gathering : ( Mr. Momtazi, Mr. Mohaddes , Mr. Azizkhani)
·         We should have a get together with some fun activities in near future.
·         Potential date of  November 1
·         Will talk about this next meeting

12.  Develop a master plan for the Board activities. Long term goals ,Short term goals ,time line and operational guideline. We start to consult about this from Meeting of  Oct 16.

10. Next meeting Oct 16 @ 7.0 PM

Board Meeting #10 September 18, 2008

Presents: Ms.Shooshtari, , Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Doustshenas, Mr.Qahraman, Mr.Towfigh. Mr. Mohaddes , Mr. Momtazi

1.    Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes was reviewed and approved and will be posted in ICM site.

2.    Financial Review and Report:
·         Revenue and expenses were reviewed by Mr. Azizkhani in details.
·         Total Revenue :$2,180.0
·         Total Expense : $1,554.45
·         Net Income: $625.55

3.    Membership Registration:
·         Total number of registered members: 62

4.    Meeting with Ms. Marilyn Brick MLA
·         Ms. Marilyn Brick visited us in this meeting
·         A final draft of constitution along with our vision , goals and objectives were presented to her
·         The Board members introduced themselves and asked her about the possibilities of some financial support from the Government of Manitoba.
·         Mr. Doustshenas will send her a letter to introduce the Iranian Community of Manitoba and the Board and ask her for possible assistance.
·         Ms. Shooshtai will send a letter regarding Persian language class’s place.
·         Ms. Brick  will forward some information regarding eligibility for some Grants / funds.
·         We took a photo with Ms.Brick .The photo will be posted in the site.

5.    Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)
·         Responding to outside request regarding web announcements were consulted.
·         Commercial advertising : Since we are a non profit organization , are we allowed to do this ? / Perhaps we will have a yellow page lay out so it is not a flashy commercial and it will be a good source of information for community. We will consult more about this in next meting and make a decision.
·         General Announcements  : We will have a section in our Web for all announcements . We will consult and finalize this in our next meeting.
·         Announcements to assist Newcomers:

Long Term Goal: We should create a Welcome Committee .

Short term Task:  UMISA has a welcome committee. We will create a volunteer’s list from community members who would like to be Host Family and share this list with ICS and UMISA .

Mr. Mohaddes and Ms. Shooshtari will coordinate to write a letter for community to become volunteers and after the approval, the letter will be posted in our site.

6.    Persian  Class: ( Ms. Shooshtari , Mr. Mohaddes)
·         There is a questionnaire prepared and reviewed in the meeting. The questionnaire will be posted / e-mailed in the site after some modifications.
·         Place : Place is available @ White Ridge C.C. for $25 / hr.
·         Time/ Place and arrangement of classes will be based on information that will be received from community.

7.    Book / Film and music Club: (Mr. Qahraman, Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Towfigh)
·         This club will belong to members only.
·         Every body can see the library list ,but only members can see who has the ownership of the items for contact. The details will be discuss in this committee.
·         An announcement letter was reviewed and approved and will be posted / e-mail in the site

8.    Develop a master plan for the Board activities. Long term plan ,Short term plan ,time line and operational guideline. We start to consult about this from Meeting of  Oct02.

9.    Constitution in English:
·         Everybody should review the final draft for any possible correction.
·         Deadline for corrections will be Tuesday Sept 23
·         Ms. Shooshtari will send the final draft to Mr. Doustshenas and he will contact our lawyer to complete the registration  process.

10. Next meeting Oct 02 @ 7.0 @  T.G.S.

Board Meeting #9 September 4, 2008

Presents: Ms.Shooshtari, , Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Doustshenas, Mr.Qahraman, Mr.Towfigh. Mr. Mohaddes , Mr. Momtazi

1.  Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes was reviewed and approved and will be posted in ICMB site.

2.  Financial Review and Report:
·   Revenue and expenses were reviewed by Mr. Azizkhani in details.
·   Total Revenue :$2,170.0
·   Total Expense : $1,528.20
·   Net Income: $641.80

3.  Membership Registration:
·   Total number of registered members: 60
·   A membership list is available and will be updated regularly .
·   We should encourage community members to support us and become a member.

We should let community members know about our future plan and goals.

We should let community members know about membership privileges ( ie; Voting right ,  cheaper ticket price in different events,….)

We should write a letter to community and encourage them to support us.

Mr. Momtazi will write a letter and finalize it to be e-mailed / posted .

4.  Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)
·   More picnic pictures will be posted on the site.

5.  Persian  Class: We will talk about setting up a Persian Class for children/ youth next meeting. Mr. Mohaddes and Ms. Shooshtai.

6.  Book and Film Club: We will talk about setting up a Book and Film Club for community next meeting Mr. Qahraman, Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Towfigh.

7.  Develop a master plan for the Board activities. Long term plan ,Short term plan ,time line and operational guideline. We start to consult about this from Meeting of  Sept 18.

8.  Naw Ruz Celeberation: We should consult about Naw Ruz celebration. Perhaps book a place in advance.

9.  M.L.A. visit: Fort Gary M.L.A. is willing to meet with us next meeting. We will allocate 15-20 minutes next meeting to meet with her. Mr. Momtazi and Mr. Doustshenas will coordinate this visit.

10.  Constitution in English:
·     Review  and corrections is finished. Ms. Shooshtari will coordinate for final touch and corrections .

11.  Next meeting September 18  ,2008 , Place and time will be announce.

Board Meeting #8 Aug 21, 2008

Presents: Ms.Shooshtari, , Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Doustshenas, Mr.Qahraman, Mr.Towfigh. Mr. Mohaddes
Regrets: Mr. Momtazi

1.    Review of last meeting minutes: Minutes was reviewed and approved and will be posted in ICMB site.

2.    Financial Review and Report:
·         Revenue and expenses were reviewed by Mr. Azizkhani in details.
·         Total Revenue :$2,165.0
·         Total Expense : $1,438.06
·         Net Income: $726.94

3.    Membership Registration:
·         Total number of registration forms were received and membership cards were issued : 60
·         There will be a Membership list for future references.

4.    Picnic Review and Report:
·         Generally speaking , we had positive feed back from community.

  • Total of 145 tickets were sold
    ·         Total Expense of $1333.42 . There will be some minor adjustment.
    ·         Although the expense was high , we should maintain certain level of quality for our future functions.
    ·         We should increase the price of tickets / draws
    ·         Generally speaking we should make a little money on any function.
    ·         Any commercial advertising in all social activity must be approved in B.O.D. Meeting.
    ·         In all social activities, we will have a volunteer to take pictures. Perhaps we will announce that friends should not take some personal pictures without individual consent.
    ·         We should report all financial activities to the Treasurer within 3 days after the function.
    ·         Mr. Doustshenas will write a thank you letter to all sponsors.

5.    Communication Committee: ( Mr. Qahraman)
·         There will be a Link to UMISA in our site.
·         We will have more links ( ie: Government organizations ,…. For new commers) in future.
·         We will have community news only in our site.
·         Mr. Qahraman will set up a file to keep some useful information for future references.
·         Mr. Qahraman will chose some picnic pictures and coordinate with Mr. Taleghani to post them in the site.

6.    Farsi Class: We will talk about setting up a Farsi Class for children/ youth next meeting. Mr. Mohaddes and Ms. Shooshtai.

7.    Book and Film Club: We will talk about setting up a Book and Film Club for community next meeting. Mr. Qahraman, Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Towfigh.

8.     Develop a master plan for the Board activities. Long term plan ,Short term plan ,time line and operational guideline. We start to consult about this from Meeting of  Sept 18.

9.    Constitution in English:
·         We will spend more time reviewing  the constitution next meeting.
·         Constitution was reviewed and corrected till membership in association.

10. Next meeting September 4 ,2008 , 7.0 P.M.

Board Meeting #7 Aug 07, 2008

Presents: Ms.Shooshtari, Mr. Momtazi, Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Doustshenas, Mr.Qahraman, Mr.Towfigh.

Regrets: Mr. Mohaddes.

1) Review of last meting minutes: Minutes was reviewed and approved and will be posted in ICMB site.

2) Financial Review and Report:
·         Mr. Azizkhani bought Simply Accounting Software for accounting purposes
·         Mr. Azizkhani will prepare a spread sheet format to review the financial activity in the board meeting.
·         The minutes will include summary of financial activity indicating : Income , Expense and Balance .

3) Communication Committee; (Mr. Qhahraman):
·         There are about 330 active e-mails that have been contacted
·         New password will be set up t access our site
·         Mr. Qahraman will send a e-mail to  remind friends for the picnic and to invite them for registration.
·         Mr. Taleghani will be contacted :
-To make the NEWS section of the site active for all announcement.
-If he can put a button to control the number of people visited the site.
-If he can activate a ‘Back to Home’ Button.

4) Community Picnic : (Ms. Shooshtari , Mr. Momtazi)
·         120 tickets are sold. There will be 30 extra tickets available.
·         All activities and supplies have been planned for the picnic
·         Expense forecast for this function is about $1118.
·         Sponsors: Scotia Bank, Experts Real State, ACR Studios, Cottage Bakery, Fun/Fx.
·         There will be a program for the Picnic. Mr. Arash will be M.C. , Mr. Doustshenas will talk to friends and invite them to help the Board to set up a farsi class and to organize a book and film club. Ms. Shooshtari will acknowledge Volunteers and every body who helped.

5) We need to develop a master plan for the Board activities. Long term plan ,Short term plan ,time line and operational guideline. We will consult about this in our next meeting

6) Membership Registration: Registration started in this meeting.
·         Registration forms will be kept by secretary.
·         13 forms were received and 13 Membership Cards were issued.

7) Next Meeting: Aug 21 , 2008 , 7 PM @ T.G.S.

Board Meeting #6 July 24 , 2008

Presents: Ms Shooshtari, Mr. Momtazi, Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Doustshenas, Mr. Qahraman, Mr.Towfigh

Regret: Mr. Mohaddes

1 ) Review of last meeting minutes : Minutes was reviewed and approved and will be posted in ICMB site

2 ) Financial Report /Review:

Amount of $200.0 is transferred from Transitional Boarded.

Mr. Azizkhanini will : Advise the Board the type of software should be used for accounting purposes. If the software is less than $100.0 he would buy it.

Mr.Azizkhani and Mr.Doustshenas will investigate how much it will cost to have   a bank chequing account  with ICMB  name so all transaction will be done by cheques. This will happen after registration.

3 ) Community Picnic: ( Mr. Momtazi, Ms. Shooshtari)

Picnic Will be @ Crescent Park, Aug 10 , 1 to 5.

There will be .B.B.Q. and deserts.

There will be some games and entertainment for all

Ticket : $5 , children under 3 ,free

There are some sponsors : Scotia Bank, Mr. Doustshenas, Mr. Moomtazi and possibly some other contributors. They will be acknowledged on the tickets.

Mr. Doustshenas will coordinate with Mr. Taleghani to print the tickets. The tickets will be available by next week and Board Members will be responsible for selling the tickets and collecting the money.

Fort Gary MLA will not be able to attend . We will invite her to the Board meeting in proper time.

4 ) Communication Committee:

We have about 350 e-mail address in our site.

Mr. Qahraman will organize these emails

Mr. Qahraman will send e-mails to community members indicating the Web site is active and there will be a Picnic on Aug 10 possibly with Map information and indicating that the tickets can be purchased from Board Members.

Mr. Qahraman will contact Hamsafar to inform the Web site is active.

5 ) Membership Card:

Reviewed and updated and approved. Mr. Doustshenas will inform to Mr. Taleghani for updating/ printing

6 ) Membership Form:

Was updated ( the date was removed) .

Mr. Qahraman will update it and will inform Mr. Taleghani to update the site.

7 ) Registration:  The form is completed. It will cost about $150 to register. Mr. Doustshenass will start processing the registration after completion of constitution in English.

Constitution in English:

8 ) Constitution was reviewed and corrected till 1.6.1 (President) We will continue next meeting

9 ) Next meeting : Thursday Aug 7 , 7.0 PM  @ Mr. Moomtazi’s Shop.

Board Meeting #5 July 10, 2008

Presents: Ms Shooshtari, Mr. Doustshenas, Mr. Mohaddes, Mr. Momtazi, Mr. Qahraman, Mr. Towfigh

Regret: Mr. Azizkhani

1) Review of last meeting minute: Minute was reviewed and was approved with some corrections.

2) Board meeting minutes will be posted on the Web site after approval .

3) Web site:
The web site is active. We can keep 2 addresses for the web site. We will keep iraniancommunity.ca and icmb.ca ( instead of iranianassociation.com). Mr. Doustshenas will talk to Mr. Taleghani.
Board Members phone numbers / e mail address (icmbmail@gmail.com) will be posted in the site in case that community members want to contact them to get some information. Mr. Doustshenas will provide information to Mr. Taleghani for posting in the site.
We can have a cooperative e mail account for a monthly fee( about $1.28). The advantage of cooperative account is having professional image when we deal with different organizations. We will decide about this in next meeting .

Web site Announcement :
Ms. Shooshtari will contact UMISA to inform community in their site that our Web site is active site and to see if they can change “ Transition board” wording.
Mr. Qahraman will contact Hamsafar for the same announcement.
Mr. Qahraman will send an e mail to existing community e mail list to announce our web site is active.

4) Web site Mail administration:
Communication Committee is formed ( Mr. Qahraman, Mr. Towfigh, Mr. Doustshenas). Mr. Taleghani will set up a pass word for the committee members to check the incoming mails. The communication committee will meet as soon as possible to decide and review the details of its function. There will be a brief report of mail communications in every board meeting.
*** There will be a brief report from all committees in every board meeting.

5) Registration :
Article of Incorporation is almost complete.
Undertaking sentence was reviewed and completed.
Information for 6 members along with signature are completed.
Waiting for Mr. Azizkhani ‘s by next meeting .

6) Community Picnic:
Picnic will be on Aug10. Mr. Momtazi and Ms. Shooshtari Will coordinate Place/ Booking / Fee /….
Place : Crescent Park , St vital Park , Fort Gary Community Center.
Mr. Momtazi will contact Fort Gary MLA to see if she can attend our Picnic in informal way.

7) Membership Card:
Membership period will be according to yearly Canadian Calendar (ie: membership for 2009 from Jan to Dec).
Membership for year 2008 will be half ($10.0) since half of the year is passed.

8) Constitution in English:
Constitution was reviewed and corrected till Goal # 3. We Will continue next meeting.

9) Next meeting : Thursday July 24 , 7.0 O clock. Place Will be announced.

Board Meeting #4 July 03, 2008

Presents: Ms. Shooshtari, Mr. Doustshenas, Mr. Towfigh, Mr. Mohaddes.
Regrets: Mr.Momtazi, Mr.Azizkhani, Mr. Qahraman.

1) Review of last meeting minutes:
Approved with some corrections.

2) Meeting minutes will be reviewed @ the beginning of meetings and will be filed by Secretary after approval.

3) Membership Form and Registration Process:
the Form was approved with a date added on.
Mr. Doustshenas will talk to Mr. Taleghani to post it in the Web site
Membership Card: will be issued after forms are brought to the meeting by one of the board members .
The Cards will have the president’s signature.
Mr. Doustshenas will talk to Mr. Taleghani to print 100 cards.

4) Web site:
Mr.Doustshenas will talk to Mr. Taleghani to set up the welcome site.
Mr. Mohaddes would write and submit a letter to invite/persuade community for membership registration.
Mr. Doustshenas will coordinate with Mr. Taleghani to post it in
the Web site.
Web site will be on by next week.

5) Mail Administration on the site:
A Communication Committee was formed ( Mr. Doustshenas, Mr.
Qahraman, Mr.Towfigh ).Mr. Taleghani will set up a password for committee members.
The committee will decide about the details of its function.
Mr. Qahraman will be in charge of checking the incoming mail regularly. Mr. Towfigh will be back up for Mr. Qahraman for checking the mail. There are some e-mail that could be answered right away and some that to be forwarded to the responsible member/s and some to be consulted in the communication Committee or Board meetings .
The president will be informed in all communications.
There will be a brief report of mail communications in every Board meeting.

6) Community Picnic:
Date : Aug 10, time Approx. 11 to 5
Mr. Momtazi will check the place : St vital/ Crescent / Fort Gary
Picnic Committee: Ms. Shooshtari , Mr. Momtazi, Mr. Iran Pour
We will consult to have more people involve from the community
in Picnic Committee..

7) Registration:
We should complete the Article of Incorporation by next week.
All 7 members to sign along with all info.
Ms. Shooshtari will send an add on phrase to complete Undertaking sentence

8) Treasurer Report:
We should have financial report @ least every month in our
meeting

9) Constitution in English : Next meeting

10) Next Meeting Thursday July 10.

Board Meeting #3 June 26, 2008

Present: Ms. Shooshtari, Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Doustshenas, Mr. Towfigh, Mr. Qahraman, Mr. Momtazi, Mr. Mohaddes.

1) Registration:
Mr. Paul Shawa, our lawyer, attended the first part of the meeting and educated the members regarding registration process and answered some questions.
Mr. Mohaddes will finalize “Article of Incorporation and” with all
information and Mr. Doustshenas will initiate the process with our lawyer To begin the registration process.

2) Web site:
Mr. Taleghani attended the second part of the meeting and presented the members with his initial Web site design and explained about the capabilities and limitations of the site.
Mr. Taleghani will :
Set up the first page of the site by next week for final review
Set up the Membership Forms along with registration process and conditions (Upon finalizing all details by next meeting).
Add Constitution or “By Laws” in English when it is ready
Add Board Member’s name and their Positions .
Subjects for review next meeting: Email address / Method to respond to community e mails .

3) Membership Forms and Registration Process:
Mr. Qahraman with the help of Mr. Mohaddes will finalize the form.
We will finalize the membership process( i.e.; Membership Card /
method of payment/ receipts /…etc by next meeting.

4) Community Picnic :
We should set up a community Picnic possibly Late July /or early Aug.
Mr. Momtazi will investigate the possibility of 2 locations: St
Vital Park and Crescent park.

5) Next Meeting
We ill have extra meeting to Extra meeting to catch up some tasks Thursday July 03 @ 7 PM
Ms. Shooshtari will check if she can attend for Wednesday and inform everybody so Mr. Momtazi can attend next meeting.

Board Meeting #2 June 12, 2008

Present: Ms. Shooshtari, , Mr. Doustshenas, Mr. Towfigh,
Mr. Qahraman, , Mr. Mohaddes,
Regrets: Mr. Azizkhani,, Mr. Momtazi

In the meeting we decided to choose some priority items and work on them for next couple of meetings.

1) ICM Web site: Mr. Doustshenas will talk to Mr. Taleghani. He will come to our next meeting to finalize the Web arrangement.

2) We should write a thank you letter to all people who were involved in this process.
Thank you letters: One letter to TB, EC, all volunteers, and
UMISA. Mr. Mohaddes will send it to every body ( by Wed 06/ 18) and the letter will be posted in our Web Site when it is active.
Ms. Shooshtari will contact Hamsafar editor to publish it in the next issue.

3) Media Release: Later (Perhaps in Lance)

4) Constitution : Every body should review the constitution in English for registration purposes. Ms. Shooshtari will coordinate any changes and finalized the draft. Every body will review the draft by Wed 06/18 and e-mail Ms. Shooshtari for any possible changes.

5) Registration: We should register ICM as soon as possible so the individual will not be liable.
After Ms. Shooshtari finalize the Constitution, Mr. Doustshenas will contact the Lawyer for final review and registration.
Mr. Mohaddes will prepare and e mail “Article of Incorporation”
Mr. Doustshenas will review and look into the financial / tax
exemption and ask the lawyer that possibly could attend our meeting.

6) Community Membership registration:
Mr. Qahraman will prepare the form and post it in our Google site for review .
We will have 100 forms and approach individual for payment / registration.
We will talk about details in next meeting.

7) Frequency of meetings : Every second week ,Thursdays.

8) Next Meeting : Thursday June 26 , 7.0 PM

Board Meeting #1 June 09, 2008

Present: Ms. Shooshtari, Mr. Azizkhani, Mr. Doustshenas, Mr. Towfigh, Mr. Qahraman, Mr. Momtazi, Mr. Mohaddes,

1) Place of meeting : Temporary @ TGS. We will look for a suitable place with reasonable rate.

2) Officers:
President: Mr. Doustshenas , Vice President: Ms. Shooshtari
Treasurer: Mr. Azizkhani, Secretary: Mr. Towfigh and Secretary Assistant; Mr. Ghahraman.

3) ICM Registration :
To register ICM, we should prepare the constitution in English and talk to a lawyer.
Constitution was translated by Mr. Kamrooz with Mr.Arash’s
assistant. Ms. Shooshtari will e mail everybody the Draft Constitution in English for reviewing.
Mr. Doustshenas will talk to a lawyer ( his friend), possibly to attend one of our meeting and review the draft free of charge.

4) Web site: Mr. Doustshenas will contact Mr. Taleghani to set up a new Web site and maintaining it.

5) Meeting Dates: for couple of weeks Thursdays, 7 PM. To 10 PM

6) Next Meeting Thursday, 12 June.

Transitional Board

Transitional Board’s meeting minutes (in 2008) are not available in English. Click here to read them in Persian.